Sunday, November 16, 2008

Disturbing Incident

The title pretty much sums it up. Ashlyn changed out of her church clothes mid-afternoon (finally...I'm practically undressing as I walk in the house!). OK--after writing that last statement, maybe I'm somewhat at fault.

Anyways, Ashlyn was outside playing by herself on the swing set while I was doing things around the house. I peeked out the blinds and saw her standing at the highest point of her swing set with her jeans AND panties down to her knees! I was shocked when I saw her, needless to say. Thank goodness she was inside the little "hut" area where it's mostly enclosed and the neighbors weren't out. When I opened the door, she hid in the tunnel part of her swing set, obviously knowing that what she was doing was HIGHLY inappropriate!

This just happened about 30 minutes ago and I'm still shocked. I guess she needs to know that you're only allowed to walk INSIDE the house jaybird! :) We're heading out on a bike ride...with clothes on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There will be many more suprises coming your way! At least she didn't have company.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Wasn't it kind of cold on Sunday? BBBrrrrrr...Ashlyn, you crack me up. (No pun intended)

Anonymous said...

Ashlyn, when Aunt Debbi was little, she got up off the potty and grabbed a yardstick out of the hallway and rode "bare-back" on her stick pony all around Great-Grandma's living room!!!
They took her picture, and later on because they felt bad, they got her some real toys (but not a real pony). My advice: Keep your clothes on, 'cause splinters happen.

Anonymous said...

My philosophy is that it's better that it happen now than when she's 16. : D
McKenna did the same thing at that age -- except she was out in front of the house on the sidewalk -- and the neighbors were out. Fortunately, she's grown out of her exhibitionist phase. Ashlyn will, too.