Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday, Ashlyn!

Well, it's hard to imagine that my angel is already 4 -years-old. It just seems like the other day that I was in the hospital holding her. I am so thankful for my precious girl. She has given me so much happiness....and also some craziness.

I woke her up in the morning on her birthday (November 19th) singing, "Happy Birthday." She was NOT in the mood to get up...so much like her mother. (I can't wait until she's a teenager!) Maybe it was my singing, but she didn't really budge. I finally told her that she was four today. She popped up her head and said, "I'm four?!" That's all I had to tell her, although one would think singing Happy Birthday would be a dead give away. I guess for all the hype about her birthday, it finally dawned on her that the day had arrived and she was actually four.

I had told her about going to her new doctor since she was now four-years-old. I did go ahead and warn her in advance that she would be getting more shots. (I think this really is the first time she actually remembered what shots were.) Thursday evening, a day after her actual birthday, she came up to me and said, "Mommy, you forgot to take me to the doctor to get my shots!" Ashlyn actually seemed alarmed that she had missed out. Luckily I was able to tell her that she was going on Friday. I think she told just about everyone we saw that she was four-years-old and was going to the doctor to get her shots. I don't think she'll ever forget what shots are now after the last doctor's visit! She got 5 shots and ended up with about three or four bruises from the shots....poor girl. I'll post some bday pics when I'm back at my computer...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashlyn, what a fun party you had for your 4th birthday. Can't wait to see your pictures! Mommy can post your Santa visit also. Thanks for taking me along. Love you loads, Pippi

Mick said...

Happy Birthday Ashlyn! Graham tells me that being four is great! Hope you have a great year!

Alexis