Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Numeral Composition...Really?

So I asked Ashlyn yesterday what she worked on in school. She answered, "Numeral Composition." Seriously? I am truly amazed how much she has learned since starting Montessori. I know I've said that before, but really? I'm just glad that her learning isn't all left up to me...I would never have thought that she would be adding, subtracting, spelling, learning to tell time, etc. I'm really not trying to brag (well, not too much)...I'm just surprised at the things they are teaching her.

She is enjoying soccer. We are still working on the "falling down and crying." Oh, that is so annoying. Like the competitive person I am, I tell her to "suck it up." We need to see blood before we cry! I know....terrible. She scored another goal last night, and she also took the ball away from the other team. At this age, they just run right next to the person that has the ball. We need to start slide tackling! (She actually did that once but I think she and the other girl were out of bounds.)

Well, I am obviously sleep deprived since I can't stop rambling. Oh...anyone else have not a so great second pregnancy?! Please tell me yes....you can lie. The toilet is becoming my friend, and I don't like that friend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, Miss Ash Bash played a very good game...she can really speed down the field. She didn't cry that much last nite. Her goal was a very good goal too. A good hard kick from away and into the corner. Pippi was so excited for Ashlyn. Love you loads, Pippi

Alexis said...

My second pregnancy wasn't very good either, but not because I was "hugging the toilet", but other annoying things. Hope you feel better. We need to get together soon.