Sunday, October 12, 2008

It's all about the hair...







I ask Ashlyn everyday what she does at school. Her answer is always, "I don't know." Are we already at that age yet? I actually have to pry to find out if she went to garden, computers, art, spanish, music, etc. and then find out what "work" she did and who she played with on the playground. I'm finally able to get some answers then.

Well, I found out about a week or two ago that there is this girl in her class named Abigail (oh, and don't get her confused with Abby...Ashlyn will keep you straight!). Apparently Abigail wears her hair in two braids. This style seems to have become quite the following of some of the other girls in the class, too. I mentioned it to Carissa, and she's been doing Brielle's hair in two ponies and in braids (Brielle's hair is a little too short to be pulled straight down in two braids Carissa said).



I decided to start a "new hair trend." I put Ashlyn's hair in a French braid for school one morning. The first time it took me quite some time, but I think I'll get better at it. It looks so cute on her with her hair all pulled back and out of her face. I'll get a picture of the French braid soon and put it on here, too. She asked me on the way to school one morning if I would make her a French fry braid. Silly girl! She loves to take her hair out of the braids to make "crazy hair." She just laughs at herself in the mirror with her wavy, frizzy hair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree that braid looks so cute on her. She is growing up way to fast right now. Enjoyed spending the night Friday and Saturday, even if Saturday was a little Sleepless in McKinney". She's a good snuggler. Love, Pip