Monday, September 22, 2008

Bike Riding


These pics are from right around Troy's bday, which was the 8th of September. I just love that one of her and Troy, and then I ran across these right before I was going to write about our bike ride tonight.

When we have some time and energy to kill, Ashlyn loves to ride her bike. Troy was still working so it was just us two girls. We had a great time, and Ashlyn decided not to wear her elbow and knee pads (she usually HAD to have these on). She told me she wasn't going to fall. When I'm riding behind her, no matter if she has pads on or not, I'm scared to death she is going to fall! She gets going so fast, usually when Troy races ahead of her. Yes, we're on the same theme...she is very competitive, but I'm not complaining...ha. So we were riding with helmet only. She was on the very last turn right before crossing the street to head to our driveway when she forgot to slow down and make the turn. She went off the curb and landed on her "precious" right elbow and knee. She started to cry but I told her to pick her bike up, and so she picked it up and rode the rest of the way home. When she was washing her hair tonight, I told her that she was "one tough cookie." She thought that was funny and wondered why I was calling her a cookie. Being her silly self, she said that she was "one tough twizzler." Once again...really?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a tough "twizzler" you have and what an imagination! She'll be wanting those training wheels off before you know it! Have a great day. Love, Pippi

Anonymous said...

She IS such a tough little sweet thing! I'm so proud of her for getting back up on her bike like a big girl. Ashlyn honey, life is full of bumps and even some falls but you get right back on and keep pedaling! I am so very, very proud of you.