Saturday, April 4, 2009

Not so Funny

As kids get older, it becomes difficult to talk about serious subjects when they have questions...i.e. death. Troy's Grandpa passed away at the end of last year. Ashlyn was just now in the office with me and said she wanted to write a letter. She wanted to send it to Great Grandpa. I should have gone along with it, putting it in the mail to Heaven, but I didn't want her to think I was making up something. So I told her we could pray to God and He could talk to Great Grandpa. After I finished saying the prayer, Ashlyn said that she wanted to talk to Great Grandpa and then started crying because she missed him. I held her for a bit while she cried, telling her that Great Grandpa was up in Heaven and happy and Jesus was probably talking to him right now. That seemed to help her for now. I just need to prepare myself (or attempt to) for all of the serious questions she's going to ask!

No comments: