Saturday, April 18, 2009

Soccer Game

Today Ashlyn had a great soccer game. I can't remember how many goals she scored...4-6 maybe? My girl has got some wheels on her, too. Thank goodness for long legs! Any time the other team had the ball, especially for a "break away," Ashlyn would chase them down and take the ball away. Some of the girls will just run right next to the other team when they have the ball; I told Ashlyn to run in front and steal the ball away. She's good at this...sometimes even taking it away from her own teammates!

She had a few falls and got right back up most of the time without tears (FINALLY!). She did have one good fall where she practically did a face plant in the grass. Tears are allowed for those falls! (I sound like a terrible mom!)

Well, I recorded some of her game, although I missed all of her goals. I did, however, get to hear myself yelling on the sidelines. Seriously, this is her first time to play soccer and I already sound like a nut. It's not all my fault...it runs in my family. :) I just have to remind myself that she is 4-years-old sometimes!

1 comment:

Pippi said...

What a soccer player she is also! She can really speed down the field when she is chasing the ball. I am so glad I have been able to attend her games and so proud of her in all she does and for being such a sweet girl. Love, Pippi