Friday, September 19, 2008

Too many things...

OK--like I had said previously, one of the main reasons I wanted to do this blog was so I could write down (and obviously share) some of the things Ashlyn says and does. So here are two more...

1. Ashlyn got up in bed with me one morning with her pink blanket. She decided that she wanted me to be Ms. Sorensen, her Montessori teacher. By the way, she LOVES Ms. Sorensen, and I think I may have already been replaced! She wants to show me how the kids lay down their mats/towels for quiet time. So, being Ms. Sorensen, I was asked to tell all of the kids to get their towel and roll it out. Ashlyn does this with such seriousness, I almost laughed. Then, I am to tell everyone to lie down. Ashlyn closes her eyes for about 2 seconds and it's time to get up. "Ms. Sorensen" tells the children to sit up on their towel, and then roll it up. Once again, she is so serious...I'm laughing at this point. She carefully folds her blanket in half, being careful to match up the corners. She picks it up, lays it back down, and then rolls it up. I'm figuring she can now fold clothes, too! I'm loving the things she's learning at Montessori. She's already helping cook and do the dishes...hmmm...what can I have her do next?!

2. Last night Troy was going upstairs to sing to Ashlyn. He usually sings first, and his way of getting her up the stairs is to tell her, "I'm going to win!" She's already competitive (no idea where this comes from!), so she runs up as fast as she can. I can't believe it still works. Anyways, he was up the stairs ahead of her last night. He didn't even have to tell her he's going to win, but she's following up behind him. She says, "Daddy, let's not race." (Duh, she doesn't want to lose.) Troy was nearing the top of the stairs and she adds, "Daddy, let's hold hands." Troy pauses for a second, and then she runs right past him and says, "I'm going to win!" We both were dying laughing. My mom told me that I was quite the teaser and sneaky one, too. From hearing stories about Troy, I know he was like that as well. We all know the saying, "Paybacks are a _____!" I just love this girl...glad she can take jokes and joke right back with us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is quite the girl. This is such a good way to know all the things she's doing when I'm not around. No, I do not know where she got the spirit of competition. Michelle seems to think that's a CATPAD things....but not sure! Have a wonderful weekend and love you much! Pippi